July 4, 2014

Tammy

2014 - 2.5/5

So I did something I've never done before today. I watched a movie... alone... in the theatre. I have never seen a movie alone in a theatre, so I just wanted to mention that just in case because my movie watching experience has any sort of influence on the movie.

Like everyone else, I'm watching this movie because I like Melissa McCarthy. She is highlarious! You pretty much know where this movie is going because McCarthy has pretty much become her own genre. Honestly though, she's so funny that I don't mind. Even if she was in a movie that wasn't that great, she has always been the best part (case in point: Identity Thief). All the funny parts in the movie were very moment based, and thats what makes it original. Its still McCarthy humour, but in that situation.

I also like Susan Sarandon and I thought that the 2 would make a good pair. They just look like they'd have good chemistry together; I believe they did. I think Sarandon and McCarthy did a good job portraying a grandmother-granddaughter relationship that was on the rocks and wasn't perfect.

The movie put a smile on my face from the get-go. I got a lot of good chuckles, and it made me root for Tammy from the very beginning.

SPOILER ALERT:
The one aspect I didn't like was that Pearl (Sarandon) was a hound-dog. Kicking her own granddaughter out of the motel room so she can sleep with a guy from the bar... really? I don't think that was necessary.

Other McCarthy movies I've reviewed:
The Heat (2013)
This Is 40 (2012)
Bridesmaids (2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment