September 28, 2011

Bridesmaids

2011 - 4/5

Thank you to SFU Surrey Student Life for the free movie and popcorn!

I never got a chance to see this movie while it was in theaters. I knew I had to watch it when I realized I hadn’t heard a single bad review from any of my friends. I finally got around to watching it a week or so after the DVD release and literally, there were non-stop laughs right from the first minute to the last! There were SO many moments in which I was wide-eyed and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing!

Annie (Kristin Wiig) and Lillian (Maya Rudolph) were a perfect pair. It really seemed as if they’ve been friends for a very long time. Annie is Lillian’s maid of honor, and there are 4 other bridesmaids (2 of them which aren’t that important). The 2 bridesmaids that did have bigger roles were, Helen (Rose Bryne) and Megan (Melissa McCarthy). Helen could be considered Annie’s competition and Megan was just hilarious! Defiantly a good group of bridesmaids, each with their own quirks.

The screenplay for this movie was solid. Practically anything that came out of anyone’s mouth was funny. It was quite raunchy at times. I guess you can classify this movie as a ‘chick-flick’ with regards to the plot, but while watching it, I wouldn’t label it as one. Just for the record, it was just as funny the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment