July 1, 2013

The Heat

2013 – 2.8/5

The plot has been done many times before, but the script is what keeps your attention – also the acting.

The easiest way to explain the script would be the following equation:
Miss Congeniality + Rush Hour = The Heat
My point being, that buddy-cop movies have been around for a while and the 2 cops put together are always on different ends of the spectrum. Same goes with uptight cops being paired with offbeat cops.

This is a funny movie… while you’re watching it. It had a lot of good one-liners, but none of them were memorable. Myself, my friend and the rest of the theater were laughing out loud quite often. But the moment I stepped out of the theater, I could barely remember any of the one-liners.

Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock make a great duo. This was obvious from the trailers. The characters balance each other out, and eventually they [somewhat] meet in the middle. The actors have great comedic chemistry.

To sum it up, it wasn’t original, but it was entertaining through the script and the acting was really good.

Although I’ve pretty much wrote down everything I wanted to say in my review, I’m not ready to post it yet, but I will anyways. I’ll add to it later if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment