February 26, 2015

Don't Say A Word

2001 - 3.2/5

I still like watching this movie even though it came out in 2001! For a movie that came out over 10 years ago, that’s saying a lot. I’m sure 10 years from now, I’d still enjoy watching this movie. That speaks volumes for how good this movie is. If you don’t want to read to the end to see what I thought overall, I’ll cut to the chase… it’s a fantastic movie. You should watch it – even if you’ve seen it before, watch it again.

Brittany Murphy was solid as Elizabeth and Michael Douglas is stellar as Nathan Conrad! They’re both amazing and they have great chemistry with one another. You want Nathan to succeed, but you don’t want it to be at the expense of Elizabeth; so you want her to have her issues resolved, but not at the expense of Nathan and his family.

As for the “bad guys”, from the get-go, you know they mean business; they’re not fooling around. I will say they are one-note; there isn’t much to them; they’re straight faced without any other characteristics.

The plot was great, it moved at a great pace, and I was entertained from start to finish. I will say there was one slight hiccup (pretty much any scene with Oliver Platt as Louis), but it didn’t take away from the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment