December 4, 2014

The Skeleton Twins

2014 - 1/5

I hoped it was going to be a comedy with a dark undertone to it, but I can’t categorize it as either. I guess I was hoping this would be the 2014’s Little Miss Sunshine. Perhaps I had too high expectations.

You only need to see the trailer to see that Bill Hader and Kristin Wiig would be a perfect pair (which is why this got a 1 star from me) and they were. They looked the part of twin brother and sister, but the dialogue and some of the content didn’t add to the characters; I say this because although the viewer gets to see some flashbacks of Maggie and Milo when they were young, but it just ended up being something you saw on screen that had no substance.

Luke Wilson as Lance did a good job too. He was a very humbling and likeable character.

For an indie movie, it was drab and generic. I could tell what they were trying to go for, it just didn’t come off as genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment