December 21, 2014

The Judge

2014 - 1.8/5

I didn’t know much about this movie before seeing it, and I didn’t remember anything from the trailer. I just knew it would be a courtroom drama about Hank (Robert Downey Jr.) a hot-shot lawyer defending his dad (Robert Duvall) a well respected judge in a small town, in court on a murder charge. The only reason I was on the fence about seeing it was because of how long it was.

It could have done without Hank’s ex-girlfriend. That character and her daughter could have been left out entirely and there would have been no love lost there. In fact, if you took that out, it would have probably been about 20 minutes shorter. The movie just didn’t need it.

It was a good movie, and there was one really gripping part between the father/judge and son/lawyer, but that aside, the rest of the dialogue wasn’t on the same level. It’s not a movie you’d quote in the future and it’s not a movie that lingers with you days after and makes you think; it just didn’t have that clasp on the viewer.

The more I think about it, the more holes I can poke in it, so with that being said, I’ll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment