December 7, 2014

Camp X-Ray

2014 - 2.4/5

I would be lying if I said this movie didn’t have pacing issues. I’m not saying that it was a huge issue, but there were a few parts that it did drag. I liked that it had a simple plot; it wasn’t pumped full of side-line stories that didn’t belong.

As a whole, it does shine a light on the fact that situations like this aren’t exactly, as Cole put it, “black and white”, and it’s only meant to seem that way on the surface. In reality, you never know the truth.

In a movie in which you don’t know anything about Cole or Ali before what you see on screen you might think that there’s no way for them to connect and movie won’t be able to cover the bond between them. And like I said earlier it did take a bit before this movie really started to get going, but by the end, I did feel as if there was a genuine bond between Cole and Ali.

When it comes to the acting of Kristen Stewart and Peyman Moaadi, I think they did a good enough job with the characters. Stewart’s pretty stoic to begin with, so in my opinion, it was a good casting choice.

Overall, I like that the story wasn’t politics heavy and it focused on the characters. Is it worth seeing? Well, if you were debating whether or not to see this movie after having seen the trailer, go for it! You’re not missing anything if you don’t watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment