November 12, 2014

Big Hero 6

2014 - 3.5/5

It's a Disney movie, which means its a must see. Fyi, I did not see this in 3D.

As always with Disney (and Disney Pixar) movies, let me just take a moment to talk about the short Feast. This short was as cute as the dog (Winston) in it. I LOVED the animation used to create it. It didn’t have distinct harsh lines.

I’m not sure I’ve ever described a movie with this word, but it was adorable! And it was all because of Baymax! This robot was so lovable and you just want to see more of him. He was programmed to do what he does (health-related) but his character does develop as the movie goes on (fa-la-la-la; LOVED that).

The brothers, Hiro and Tadashi were the next best characters, and to be honest, I didn’t really care for any of the other characters.

I can’t say this movie had the best plot ever, but it had a good enough plot to carry the audience through 1.5 hours.

Let me also mention how great the setting was: San Fransokyo. Although I’ve never been to San Francisco or Tokyo, this movie created the perfect hybrid of the 2.

There were 2 times in which I thought the soundtrack was perfect; all the other music/score fit well too.

Overall, it’s not as good as Wreck-It-Ralph, but it’s waaay better than Frozen. Disney’s still got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment