February 17, 2013

Safe Haven

2013 - 2/5

I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see this movie. Don't jump to any conclusions though; I want to see this movie for Cobie Smulders. Of Nicholas Sparks book-to-movie adaptations I've seen The Notebook, Dear John, and The Lucky One. Frankly, the only one I've really liked was The Notebook. So again, Smulders is the only reason I'm watching this. It's worth watching this movie to support her. Go Canucks!

I am getting tired of Sparks books being made into movies. They're all 98% alike: the details (setting, plot, script, ect) are pretty much the same across the board. Having said that, I will say that you would think it would be easy to compare this movie to any other movie based on a Nicholas Sparks book.

Let’s just get to what you want to know:

Did I like it? Yes. Yes I did.

Was it good? Yes. Yes it was.

How was the acting? It was good. For someone (Julianne Hough) who wasn’t/isn’t an actress, she was good. By the way, did anyone else think Hough was Elisha Cuthbert? Seriously! Josh Duhamel was easy on the eyes. Cobie Smulders wasn’t in the movie as often as I would have liked, but she was great!
Let’s face it, you don’t need to be an incredible actor to be in a movie based on a Nicholas Sparks book. Great acting in movies like these are a huge bonus.

So you would recommend it? Ya, I guess I would. I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone, but for people who don’t mind seeing a chick-flick, it’s worth seeing. It was worth my time and money.

So why did you give it a 2/5 if it was good? Well, it is good, but again, it’s a movie based off a Nicholas Sparks book.

I know I haven't really dug deep with writing this review, but I feel as if I might let something slip that might be a spoiler.

----------------------------------------------------------------
MOM'S REVIEW: 
-It was really good.

***SPOILER ALERT***
Throughout the entire movie I had a feeling that Jo was somehow connected to Alex. When Jo said (to Katie) "Only regret the pictures you didn't take" I knew I was right (because it was obvious Alex liked to take a lot of pictures), but I couldn't figure out how. I also noticed that the only person that talked to Jo was Katie and that whenever they did talk, it would always be just to 2 of them. At the end when Alex gave the 'For her' letter to Katie, I knew it was Jo's voice, and that's when I finally figured it out. I liked this twist in this movie. It made it so this movie had a better ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment