September 1, 2012

Magic Mike

2012 - 0/5

It was a very slow movie. I want to say that all the good parts were in the trailer, but even that wasn’t that good. I feel as if a bait-and-switch happened. From the trailer I was promised an exciting movie about male strippers. I got a movie that had as much female nudity as male – figure that one out! The time spent on stage wasn’t nearly as much as it should have been. I think this movie played down what it really was. I think all the drama was added to make it something more than a stripper movie but none of the pieces fit the puzzle.

It had a choppy plot with no direction. There wasn’t any depth to it, meaning that I didn’t care what happened to any of the characters. It was hard to ‘root’ for anyone in this movie because there really wasn’t anything to root for. Case in point (SPOILER ALERT), had the Kid died from an overdose, I wouldn’t have cared; if anything, that would have made the movie better. Mike (Channing Tatum) kept saying he was an entrepreneur, but that never amounted to anything.

The one thing that really bothered me about this movie was Cody Horn as Brooke. That girl cannot act. She was the worst part about this movie. Although I could tell she was trying to be emotional at times, she just sucked. The look on her face was pathetic and everything she did seemed forced.

This movie in a nutshell:
-Boring plot
-Underdeveloped characters
-Dialogue that fails to hold any interest.

No amount of shirtless-Channing Tatum could save this movie. And I usually love my shirtless Channing Tatum!

No comments:

Post a Comment