July 6, 2012

Wanderlust

2012 – 0.8/5

First off, I want to say that I’m glad I didn’t see this in theatres. Secondly, I also want to mention that I understand why it has a 5.7/10 rating on IMDB.

The movie started out okay. It had some good bits, but it went downhill fast. If you breakdown to the basics of the plot, it was very unoriginal.

This was not a laugh out loud movie. There was only one part that I did laugh, but I don’t even remember it. This movie was not memorable.

The nudity and drug use that made this movie rated R wasn’t even funny. I just wanted it to end.

I can see why Paul Rudd would be in a movie like this; these kinds of characters suit him, but it was a dumb movie.

There was more than one time in which I thought this was ridiculous: George talking to himself in the mirror. It was awkward, it wasn’t funny. I just kept waiting for his rambling to stop.

Pretty much every character, aside from George and Linda, were over the top, obnoxious or stupid.

I didn’t think that Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston would be a good pair, but they were a good couple. They were probably the only thing that actually worked in this movie.

There were some points in which I could see what the director was trying to accomplish, but it just didn’t work out the way it was intended to.

It was a wanna-be Judd Apatow movie. WanderBUST is more like it.

***SPOILER ALERT***
When Linda decides she wants to stay at Elysian, she agrees to the ‘free love’ idea. I wasn’t expecting her to jump into bed with Seth right away! It was just absurd! Does she not have ANY morals? Does she not understand that even though you agreed to it, you don’t have to participate RIGHT AWAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment