May 13, 2012

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (American Version)

2011 – 0/5

Ever since I saw the original version I’ve wanted to read the books. I finally got around to reading the first book and once I finished, I really wanted to re-watch the movie. Although I was trying to avoid watching the American version, a few people told me it’s worth watching. So instead of re-watching the original Swedish version, I decided to watch this one.

I watched about 13 minutes of this movie then skipped ahead 10 minutes. I watched another 7 minutes and turned it off entirely.

First of all, why would you make an American remake with characters who have accents? And just because the story takes place in Sweden isn’t a valid answer because in that case a remake should never had been made. That leads me to my second question being: why was a remake even made?

My first impression of Lisbeth was that she was a hollow character and she didn’t seem as bad-ass as in the Swedish version. The only thing that I have to say about Blomkvist was that he was super boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment