May 10, 2012

The Dictator

2012 - 1/5

I really liked Borat and I didn’t like Bruno, so I’m 50/50 when it comes to Sacha Baron Cohen movies. Borat was a very original movie whereas this one isn’t because you have an idea of what to expect. And you know that his movies are going to be vulgar and offensive.

As for this movie itself:
If you don’t know what the plot is, its SBC as General Aladeen the ruler of Wadiya and the UN is trying to change his country from a dictatorship to a democracy. It wasn’t the greatest plot ever, but I have to admit that it never got boring. I was happy that this movie was only 84 minutes long because it did not need to be any longer.

The jokes that are obvious and ones you’d expect so I didn’t laugh a lot during this movie.
I didn’t find it to be a laugh out loud movie. There are a lot of one-liners that are forgettable.

When it comes to SBC, he does well with these roles, but it’s nothing outstanding. You pretty much get what you expect from Anna Farris, so there isn’t much else to say about that.

As for the things I liked:
The soundtrack of the movie was different. There was one Dr. Dre song that was made into a General Aladeen version.
SBC really gets into character and I give him props for that.

I got to see a screening of this movie for free, which I’m happy about because I would not have paid to see this movie. Would I watch it again? No. Would I recommend it to anyone? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment