May 5, 2012

Captain America

2011 – 2.2/5

This would be the second movie in a row I’ve watched with a HOT male lead.

Likes:
-Seeing a skinny/smaller version of Chris Evans was cool, but at times it seemed a bit off.
-Chris Evans himself did a great job as Steve/Captain America.
-Stanley Tucci was amazing in his role even though he wasn’t in it the entire movie.
-The character Colonel Chester Phillips was made for Tommy Lee Jones.
-There were a couple one-liners, but none were hilarious.
-A shirtless, buff Chris Evans

Dislikes:
-I’m not entirely sure why but the name “Steve” bothered me. I didn’t think it suited Chris Evans or the character.
-The character building part (of Steve) was a bit dragged out and didn’t need to be as long as it was.
-Some of the weapons/vehicles were absurdly unrealistic for a movie set in the 1940s.
-The villain (Red Skull) was cheesy; although Hugo Weaving did a good job.
-There wasn’t much character development aside from Steve.
-I hoped that for the (few) actions scenes in the movie, there would be more of a threat towards Captain America, but he seemed invincible so it those parts weren’t as captivating as they could have been.
-Honestly, it seemed overly patriotic for my liking and way to ‘Go America Go’ for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment