April 22, 2012

Gone Baby Gone

2007 – 2.2/5

I remember really liking this movie the first time I saw it in 2007. Now, I can only say that I did like it, but not as much as I did before.

This movie was Ben Affleck’s first directorial debut, and it was noticeable. I think it was trying to make use of the silences, but it was eh. I don’t think it had the impact that Ben Affleck wanted. You could tell he was trying. The plot was decent but it does move at a slow pace. The dialogue has its moments, but there wasn’t anything outstanding.

This movie had a great cast. I said this in my original review and I’ll say it here: although Casey Affleck did a good job but I think there were better candidates. I like how it was addressed that Casey Affleck looked young for his age. I also want to mention that I wasn’t very pleased with Morgan Freeman with this role; I was a bit disappointed. I couldn’t tell if it was the actors themselves or some glitch, but it was hard to understand what was being said most of the time so I had to turn on the subtitles.

No comments:

Post a Comment