March 30, 2012

Knocked Up

2007 - 4/5

Alison (Hiegl) and Ben (Rogen) have a one-night stand, and what do you know, she gets knocked up. They’re in this together, and despite all the vulgar, but very funny comedy, it was a heartfelt movie.

Acting comes very naturally to Seth Rogen, especially in comedies. He was very believable in this movie as was Hiegl. I can’t say that I’m a fan of Katherine Hiegl, but I thought she did a really good job portraying Alison. Both characters were very real and the both of them are pretty much thrown into a situation neither expected nor wanted.

When it comes to the supporting cast, nothing other than ‘amazing’ comes to mind. The 3 J’s: Jay, Jonah and Jason were a great group of friends. I only noticed it the second time I watched this movie that they all used their real names! I also really enjoyed seeing Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann as a couple. Rudd is flawless as usual and although Mann tends to have smaller roles she always does a fantastic job.

Both Kristin Wiig and James Franco have small cameos in this movie and they have good roles too.

My favourite part would defiantly have to be the dialogue. The one-liners were non-stop and very original. I loved all the references to several celebrities.

I also loved all the references to Canada and Vancouver!

No comments:

Post a Comment